Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The West Wing

It's the election season! I am a politics & government major and this time of the year is always an exciting one. One of the few television shows that I consistently enjoyed watching was The West Wing. Before going to college, I became obsessed with show. My dad and I would watch episode after episode during the summers. I could watch them multiple times, and I would still learn something new. It was a "smart" show, with a phenomenal cast, and I wish such shows graced the television more often. 
C.J., as played by Allison Janney, is one of my favorite characters of ALL time. Allison Janney did a wonderful job as an actress and I adored so many aspects of C.J. and her role as Press Secretary. She was a power woman, a feminist icon, and an independent spirit. 

Regardless of your political leanings (and believe me...my family would probably not be President Bartlett's biggest fans) it is a PHENOMENAL show. And a great way to engage you in the political scene, especially at this time of the year. 

Toodles!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...