Monday, January 3, 2011

Emma Watson

Next semester I am taking a Directed Reading on Harry Potter. I am so excited to take the class; the only downside seems to be that I have to read all 7 books prior to returning to school. I decided to make my life a little easier and just read the last three. I have read 1, 2, 3, and 4 COUNTLESS times (I could give you low downs on complete plot lines) and so I thought reading the last three would be a good "refresh" to the world of Harry Potter. AND I love curling up in my bed on a cold day getting lost in the world of Hogwarts. The only problem is that I seem to not have loved reading Harry Potter as much as I thought I would. I started on Book 5 and sadly, am still on Book 5...although I am making progress. I am simply telling myself that the only reason I am being delinquent on my readings is because the timeless saying is true; "reading is no fun when you HAVE to do it...like for school." I can understand that being said for the classic works you are forced to read in high school, ranging from Macbeth to The Great Gatsby. But is it possible that Harry Potter, the phenomenal fantasy fiction series can have the same effect??? For Clare Whitaker during Christmas break, it seems so.

To keep me motivated (the things I do…) I found style inspirations from Hermione herself, Ms Emma Watson. Emma Watson has grown out of her "frizzy haired" Hermione days into a beautiful young actress. She has such poise and grace...a good lesson that no matter our age, we can carry ourselves with the right accord. So here is to getting Harry Potter reading complete!


    







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...