Thursday, May 30, 2013

As The Road Takes A Turn

(1)

Why hello Twirling Clare readers:

It has been over 2 1/2 years since I've been sharing all of my favorite things and inspirations on the site. I have LOVED finding so many creative and beautiful images and ideas to share with you. It has truly brought much joy to my life and I hope you have gotten even a fraction of the amount of pleasure out of my little musings, as I have received in discovering them. 

I started blogging as a way to channel my creativity in an outlet separate from school work, extra curricular activities, and all of the other stresses from college. It bloomed into quite a project, almost a life portfolio, with a strong readership and many opportunities granted to this little girl with lots of big dreams for nothing short of a charming lifestyle. 

I have been able to plan fabulous parties, wear beautiful dresses, cheer with many glasses of champagne, read countless books, become a dog walker extraordinaire, finish school a tinsy bit early, tour throughout europe, write for magazines, and connect with inspirational men and women both via blogger world AND daily life. 

No longer am I a college student twirling her way on benches at the local bar or along the cobblestone streets of France. I am off on a new adventure! Where this one's headed and what it has in store, I am not entirely sure. But that's part of the fun, right? 

I am starting work next week at a PR firm in Cincinnati. I will be exploring trends beyond the fashion and lifestyle pages; and I am eager to blend both my creative yearnings and cultivation of intellectual stimulation. In addition to work with the PR firm, I will be working on a couple of other projects that aren't completely set in stone yet.  I will continue to work with Matchbook, sharing fanciful facts each week on some of our greatest icons of years past. 

In the past year or so, I have noticed so many blogs taking one of two paths. There are many that I refer to as "me" blogs. These sites have pictures of beautiful bloggers in their #OOTD (outfits of the day) or images of their latest outings and activities. I have never had much interest in sharing my life on my blog and save for a half dozen or so recaps on my travel adventures this past spring, I have kept my personal life and closet out of twirling clare's whimsical inspirations.
Other blogs take a "consumption" direction. The latest styles, sales, wish lists, and fashion must-haves are all the rage! I have always enjoyed putting together outfits and staying up on the trends and feel that my occasional weekly look can give credit to wardrobe crushes. One of the primary reasons I am not a frequent consumer poster is because I don't buy that many "headline" pieces. I have had clothes for years, some of my outfits since high school...and shoes since junior high! I have loads of clothes from my mom, grandma...and I adore vintage shopping. I am not going to promote "buy, buy, buy", because, frankly...I'd be false advertising!!

I have enjoyed walking on my little line in the middle. Sharing my occasional life updates and items fit for a twirler's closet, but most importantly, I want to share the little things that can inspire you. There is something unique, clever, and intriguing that I try and capture in each of my posts. If it's a quirky or colorful theme, an interesting combination of pictures, a fabulous outfit, a style icon, or a divine party...I want them to impact you in some fashion. Life is filled with wondrous and beautiful things and I try to channel them in a distinct way, modeling the elements of a charmed life. 

I intend to keep sharing my inspirations with all of you. I am not sure both the content and/or frequency of my posts, but I will keep working to make them as festive and celebratory as they have been in the many months since I started my little blog. 

I do love to keep up on all of my social media channels and frequently tweet, tumble, instagram, and facebook away on my supplementary twirlingclare accounts. I would LOVE for you to join me as a follower on those sites so you can see the same voice, on a different platform!

Since I am on such a transitional track right now, I am keeping all suggestions, opinions, and feedback on the blog open to change, new direction, and smooth sailing. Please let me know what you think!

This is not goodbye or farewell by any stretch of the imagination. The time has come for me to acknowledge that I am working on choosing the "fork in the road" to take.
 I am certain my life might be an entire drawer of utensils, so there will be many more soup spoon curves, carving knife pokes, and forks to choose. I look forward to keep you updated on my life journey and hope that you can continue to join along. 

Thank you, and as always, toodles!

Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

2 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful writer! Good luck with your new job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understandable! Sometimes it's best to step back and reevaluate. I love your blog and can't wait to see all to come :) Best of luck with the start of the new job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...