Time to trim the tree!
Here are tips on how to decorate your tree:
1. When decorating your tree, put on lights first, then garland, and then ornaments.
2. Don't hang all of your ornaments on the tips of the branches. Place other ornaments and other decorations 'inside' your tree to add depth and interest.
3. Start by arranging the filler ornaments (like solid colored bulbs) evenly spaced around the tree. You'll need about 20 filler ornaments for every 2 feet of Christmas tree.
4. Plan to use 10 special ornaments for every 2 feet, mixing them amongst the filler ornaments.
5. Choose a theme for your Christmas tree.
6. Too much is a good thing, you can never have too many decorations.
7. Use silk flowers or ribbons to add color, place them evenly around the tree, inside and outside of branches.
8. Make new ornaments to represent family heirlooms or add jewels to an ornament for a bit of sparkle.
9. String your own garland with florals, satin or velvet ribbon, popcorn or cranberries.
See more ideas HERE.