Friday, April 4, 2014

fresh face

I saw this top photo on The Sartorialist yesterday and I loved the make-up free, radiant, and beautiful shot. It prompted me to go exploring for other fresh face images - not including celebrity make-up free selfies. 
I have never been a fan of make-up, in fact most days I rarely even comb my hair. I just clip it up and hope for the best. I have never read a beauty section in a magazine, I get my hair cut at Great Clips, and this is the first time in 3+ years of blogging that I have ever even talked about make-up on the blog! My care free beauty regiment suits me, although I don't think it would hurt to try a little harder every now and then...starting with brushing my hair and remembering chap stick.
My first brush with make-up came when I was a freshman in college. My roommates had fun dressing me up for nights out - eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, lip gloss - the whole nine yards. I had never experienced the "going out phenomenon" so I just went with the flow. For most of my freshman year (on the weekends) I wore some form of make-up. I look back on those pictures and cringe. Granted, I wasn't caking on layers of foundation, painting elaborate cat-eyes, but I don't think I looked "me." That make-up bandwagon didn't last very long and now the only make-up I own is a bronzer from Sephora. I like a ruddier look - more natural and lively. I tend to have rosier cheeks anyways (especially after a drink or two) and choose a healthier tinge over dramatic eyes any day. My mom has some mascara and I have used that a couple of times over the past year or so, but for the most part, I want a no-fuss and natural look. 
There's no right or wrong way to do a beauty routine, I quickly found out what worked, or rather didn't work, for me. The one thing that bothers me is when people say I am so fortunate to not have to wear make-up. No one needs to wear make-up. There is nothing wrong with you if you do, but there certainly shouldn't be any reason that you feel like make-up is a necessity. We are all beautiful and have so many fabulous ways to show our uniqueness - through our style, careers, relationships, aspirations, intellect, actions, and, most importantly, our hearts. 
So on that note - I wish all the glamorous cover girls and bare-faced beauties a wonderful weekend. Thanks for always following along, toodles!










Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Wow, all the girls look really beautiful and fresh. The make up is so light and natural on all these ladies over here which makes them look more younger and natural.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...