Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall Outfit Crush


This is one of the primary looks I am trying to channel this fall. In the past year, I have really become obsessed with the blazer + jeans look. Totally French chic. 
In college, I lived in leggings and oversized button downs. But, since leaving the campus lifestyle, I've decided I need to wear pants. The upgrades when you reach the "real world..." :) Don't get me wrong, I love coming home from work and changing into leggings, but now, they pretty much stay in the comfort of my own home. Good things often come with upgrades (wearing pants = better style!) That said, I am still on the search for the perfect skinny black pants. I used to wear the minnie pant from J.Crew, but they stretch out really easily - a similar problem with the Winnie (J.Crew Factory) and the Pixie (Old Navy). I also find them to be just an inch or so too short, where I feel it's border-line awkward length for too cool of temps. For work, I have a couple of black trousers (J.McLaughlin, Theory, etc.), but they don't have the right "streamlined" look that I'm going for. Black denim might be the next best option, but denim doesn't always have the same "dressy" factor. I'd love to hear if you have any recommendations!
Anyways, back to the outfit...
 A few weeks ago my parents treated me to this leopard clutch from Alligator Purse (the boutique I where I work on the weekends) and I just recently bought these Report black flats. I have decided I really like the ankle strap detail on flats, especially when I wear crop pants. You know how you sometimes find looks that work on you/your body type - well this look is one that is totally perfect for me! Combining my favorite details like black cropped pants (when I find the perfect pair!), a white blouse, gold earrings, Persol shades, and a blazer...well I could wear this every single day and feel like a style queen. 
A lot of these pieces are a little bit pricier, but worthwhile investments, total classics that could withstand for trends for years to come! 
Keep an eye on sales, for example Piperlime is having a 20% off sale this week (where I snagged the shoes). J.Crew has sales quite frequently - I actually bought my Schoolboy Blazer (Navy) this spring for $50! If you are a AAA member you receive 30% off glasses at Lenscrafters, a great place to invest on sunglasses - yes, you can buy eye ware without a prescription!
I don't frequently post outfit looks, but when I do, I want to make sure I'm being realistic about my shopping habits. Props to the girls who can go on shopping sprees, unfortunately bills, budgets, and lots of saving is my reality, so that leaves bargain shopping as the method to my madness :)
I hope you are enjoying the fall weather this week, toodles!



Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...