Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mayer Hawthorne

Every so often I like to share some of my musical favorites. I first heard of Mayer Hawthorne a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since. His unique voice is both catchy and smooth, seeking a sophisticated take on his old school music icons (like Steely Dan). 
His career began in 2008 and he has toured with the likes of Amy Winehouse, Foster the People, and Bruno Mars. This summer he released his latest album. 
With a bit of old world charm mixed with modern funk, his songs carry the perfect beat for a fresh sound on your playlists. It's hard for me to pick a favorite because I could listen to an entire album and continue to be impressed! Let me know what you think of Hawthorne's jams. 
Toodles!


Listen to some of his tunes:


Listen to snip-its from the Where Does This Door Go album HERE

AND a great cover of Lorde's Royals HERE

Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...