The 10 Lessons I Learned From My Mother, C.Z. Guest, by Cornelia Guest for Town & Country.
1. Manners - She taught me that manners are one of the most important things in life.
2. Your Handbag - My mother never carried a big bag, especially at night.
3. Stay Fit and In Shape - The two of us loved to walk and play tennis together.
4. Own Lots of Dogs - Dogs are great company, and always keep you laughing and smiling.
5. Learn How to Make a Great Bloody Mary
6. The Guest List - When hosting a party, always mix up the group you have invited - it makes it more fun.
7. Leaving a Party - You should always elegantly leave a party without breaking it up.
8. Chocolate Chip Cookies - One should always have chocolate chip cookies around.
9. Bring a Jacket - One should always be prepared. I never leave home without a jacket.
10. And Most of All, Remember to Laugh and Love - It keeps you young.