Tuesday, August 4, 2015

carrying blooms of joy

The past couple of months have been filled with a lot of changes. As some of you may know, I started a new job this spring. It has been an exciting, new adventure, but it has taken a lot of getting used to - and I still have a long way to go, which is intimidating, frustrating and somewhat defeating. While my new job is a professional advancement, there have definitely been a fair share of moments where I have felt totally and utterly overwhelmed. 
Stress is something I have to work on (just like the next person) and as I spend time trying to navigate my way through my new job, responsibilities and expectations, and what seems like an ever-growing project list, I am working on being happy, grateful and calm. 
Obviously much easier said than done. 

I do feel like I try and occupy my time with diverse and fulfilling hobbies, but despite my daily prayer journals, library frequent visitor pass, drawing classes, workday walks and a slew of other quirky side interests, I get trapped far too easily with the stresses of work - and life. Meeting expectations, forgiving myself when I make mistakes, questioning my qualifications, feeling like I am on the right track, etc. It's so easy to get caught in an anxiety-fused spiral which results in a stomach that feels like a waterbed, sleepless nights with dreams of looming deadlines, waning enthusiasm to be social and complete and utter exhaustion. Not fun. 

With the blue moon last week (but mostly a talk with mom), it kind of reinvigorated me to start focusing more on areas of interest and activities that will fill my soul in other capacities. Ideally, prompting me to destress, relax and celebrate the little joys. 

There are few things that evoke such a serenity of the simple things in life like a bushel of flowers. 
So wherever you may be and however you may be feeling, here's to finding the flower blooms and rays of sunshine!








Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...