Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tourist Tuesday

I have a collection of images which mildly reflect the weather this past week. Where it was absolutely stunning when I arrived, sun and warm weather...we fell back into a "winter rut". Nevertheless, there were still plenty of sites to see and pictures to take. 
It's hard to believe that this is my last week in Brossac...and I am almost half way through my travels.
 I am eager for my upcoming adventures. Next week, I will be posting about a weekend trip to Bordeaux & reconnecting with my dear friend Diane. 

Enjoy the images this week: Brossac, Chalais, and Aubeterre.

Brossac:

here is a view of brossac, i am staying just outside the city. the large building is the church, which you can see in a closer view below.








i take a walk down to the lake every afternoon 

Chalais:

 chalais is the closest town to brossac (aka: train station). it's about 12 km from the house and for some crazy reason...i decided to walk there and back this weekend!









Aubeterre:


the village has won several awards for being the most beautiful in all of france. the rainy weather (and my photo-taking ability) can't do it justice!



one of the oldest cathedrals in all france (and probably the world).








Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...