Friday, August 9, 2013

lamp shades

Occasions by kate spade:
The hands on the clock are hitting Hour #6 at a cocktail party, the tarts have long since disappeared, and the candles are just stubs. Out of the corner of your eye, you realize that a lampshade has just become someone's party hat. Does this mean the party's over?
Sometimes even the plainest "cues" don't work on those guests who have crossed the line from partygoers to party stayers. If people are still enjoying themselves, then do your tired best to keep smiling. But once the décor becomes someone else's wardrobe, by all means call it quits.

Such a notorious sign of boisterous and boozy party guests, I think there is still a playful and whimsical element to lampshade décor. I have never twirled around in a lampshade...I think with my lack-of-balance, ensuring I can at least have open eyes is probably quite crucial.
Despite the negative connotation, I think these pictures depict a festive and fun atmosphere.
In fact, I think it's like the party King and Queen's crown.
If your goofy accessory is well-received...lamp shade hair might be a new thing.  

Happy weekend, toodles!






Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...