Friday, February 28, 2014

Award weekend

Although the Tony's are my favorite Award's show - there is no denying that the Academy Award's Red Carpet is a MUST SEE event. MediaRunDigital created this infographic of the dresses worn by the Best Actress Oscar recipients, dating back to 1929. I love seeing the different styles worn throughout the decades. Dramatic ball gowns, skirts, pants, fur jackets - the Kodak Theatre has seen it all.  
I particularly like 1945 Ingrid Bergman, 1954 Audrey Hepburn, and 1999 Gwyneth Paltrow.
Do you have a favorite look?

I am most impressed that Katharine Hepburn worn four times and never accepted the award in-person. Some could say that's horribly rude - I actually think there's something respectful in her absences.
As someone who doesn't particularly like awards and accolade recognition, I feel like I can understand and relate to her sentiment. As she said, "As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work." 

If you're in the mood for more Red Carpet snooping, take a look at Elle Magazine's slideshow of the Best Actresses' Oscar gowns AND Harper's Bazaar gallery of best Red Carpet gowns.

Enjoy the Oscar weekend, toodles! 



Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...