Wednesday, June 11, 2014

dressing for a drive

This spring, I made my first "big girl" purchase - a new car! I picked a cute, white VW golf. It's great. I like the size, the simplicity, and zipping around town in my little ride. It's everything I need and I am happy with the purchase...we'll see 5 years down the road... **fingers crossed**. 
It took me forever to finally buy a car, I was fortunate to drive my family's third car, but reality finally set-in that I'd be working and living in Cincinnati for at least a couple of years. Since my idea of subway travel and metropolitan walking was no longer in the imminent future, a car couldn't be held off any longer. To be completely honest, my delay was not just limited to big city living. 
Although I am not a big fan of driving, I have an affinity for classic cars. Cars with "character." Namely, a Grand Wagoneer, vintage Land Rover, or old school Mercedes station wagon. 
Yes, I thought it was totally reasonable that one of these would be my first car - because things like making sure my car didn't die in the middle of a highway wasn't that important in comparison to looking totally chic. 
When my head finally thought logically (at least in the transportation realm), I settled on a VW and found a golf that worked perfectly. It doesn't mean that I still don't have aspirations of having a car with the right "character" down the road...but in the meantime, I can live vicariously through my inspiration pool, toodles!







Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...