Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fruit Flush

I have received a lot of feedback regarding my short "fruit flush" that I mentioned briefly on Friday. 
I felt that the best way to get back to all of you who were interested in learning more about it or trying it yourselves, would be do to a post!


When I returned from vacation last week, I wanted to do an easy cleanse. Sometimes it is nice to refresh and recharge your body, especially after vacations or holidays when you feel like your eating schedule, and therefore your body, is a little out-of-wack. 

The fruit flush cleanse is a three day cleanse with approximately a week follow-up where you monitor your eating to ease back into your regular diet. 
The recommended fruits are:
Day 1: Watermelon
Day 2: Grapes
Day 3: Strawberries


I substituted the strawberries with cantaloupe. Additionally, I kept the bulk of the food per day as the one assigned, but I did snack on the other types as well. Not sure if that was something I should have done or not? Regardless, it's fruit...and probably wouldn't make much of a difference. 

The greatest thing about this cleanse is there is no restriction to the amount in which you can eat. Anytime you are hungry, just grab a handful of grapes, a bowl of watermelon, etc. I would say I ate approximately 3 lbs. a day. One important reminder, is to keep drinking water!

After the cleanse, it is recommended that you eat an all white diet for 5-7 days after. This includes: chicken, rice, noodles, white fish, etc. This will just continue to clean out your system. 

At the end of the day, the cleanse really didn't do anything for me. I can't say that I lost any weight...nor felt as though my digestive system cleaned out. With that being said, I didn't really keep to the all white diet following the fruit flush. Since the fruit didn't create a change, I didn't think rice would make that much difference. 

Even though the flush wasn't successful for me, it was neat to try and I would recommend a similar type of flush. It's amazing how much better you can feel increasing the amount of fruit in your diet. Natural fruit is not only delicious, but does wonders to your body. It allows you to feel healthier and it could be the perfect way to start you on a path to a healthier lifestyle. 

Let me know if you've tried the flush and what you're thoughts are! I'd love to hear from you!!

Toodles!

Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...